How to make a daily self care checklist Overview
Taking care of yourself is one of the most important things to do. Some people live their lives without thinking of how to take care of themselves.
But here is a daily self care checklist if your someone who doesn’t have one or needs a new outlook on your self care routine.
This checklist will help your emotional and physical state to care for yourself better throughout the day.
- Waking up in the morning can be a struggle and if you miss your alarm you’ll be late for work or other important tasks. Getting up when your alarm sounds is what keeps you on schedule for your day and will make you happier. The best way to wake up from your alarm is to put it across the room so you have to get up when you hear it. It will get you alert for the rest of your day.
- Eating a balanced breakfast will keep your brain working all day and keep you focused. Eat eggs, oatmeal, Greek yogurt, your favorite fruit, it can be any healthy food you like. For a healthy breakfast you can search up recipes of what you want and you can premake your food the day before to make cooking easier in the morning.
- Working out will be your favorite activity you do in the day. After a workout, you’ll feel great and have more energy. If you’re just starting to work out, then simple cardio exercises will be easier to start with and will help your entire body.
- After a long morning at work, kids, or other tasks it’s best to relax for a few minutes. Meditating is the best way for your brain to recharge. The best way to meditate is to find a quiet place then close your eyes and think of nothing for 5 minutes. At first, you might think this is pointless but after 5 minutes of nothing, you will feel like everything will work out for you.
- Similar to breakfast it’s best to eat a fulfilling food that will last until dinner time. Protein is your best friend when it comes to staying fuller longer.
- Reminding yourself of what needs to be done today is a good way to keep your emotional well-being up. It serves as a reminder of what you accomplished today and what you still need to do. To care for yourself you need to be reminded of the great you did.
- Food is one of the most important aspects of your life. Dinner is no exception, eating a proper dinner will make you wake up easier the next day to start your next daily self care checklist. If you need help with weight loss the best foods to eat at night are some vegetables, nuts, or some yogurt.
- Being with your family will remind you of the hard work you put in each day making it worth it. Do this by talking with your family about your day and ask questions to each other on how to help each other.
- Going to bed around 10 pm will give you the recommended 7-8 hours of sleep you need. It will also give you time to make breakfast and work out the next morning.
Making sure you stick to your daily self care checklist will lead to a better and more fulfilling life. Make sure to remind yourself of why you make your choices to stay on track with a healthy lifestyle.